5 Things you should never do as a safety supervisor
- Not wear the proper PPE; if you don’t wear it, why should they?
- Wearing poorly maintained PPE, harnesses, lanyards, gloves, boots etc. should all be in top condition, you should set the example.
- Sloppy/lack of note taking if you don’t take the time to properly write down your observations, how can you plan to improve later?
- Berate or raise your voice in public to an individual that needs to change his/her safety habits. Praise in public, reprimand/criticize in private
- What are your thoughts – comment below