5 things to do as a safety supervisor each morning
- Greet the men/women you are supervising with a smile. If they are within 5 feet shake their hand.
- Compliment them on either what they are wearing or doing, it’s amazing what people feel like after a heart felt compliment; you and they both feel better about yourselves. It makes building the safety relationship easier.
- Ask how you can help them be safer, everyone wants input, they feel valued and more involved in safety.
- Make sure they have all the PPE they not only are required to have to be safe but how about items they think will make them safer?
- When you meet with your manager talk about the individuals on your team, make known you know who you are working with and their needs. This shows initiative beyond what many safety supervisors do.